Andrea Gibelli joins the Advisory Board of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo.
A new, significant, and prestigious entry into the working group which, established in 2018 by the Institution's Board of Directors and made up of representatives of recognisable prestige and professionalism from the business world, has the task of collaborating with the President of the Veneranda Fabbrica in defining the strategic guidelines regarding the annual programme of fundraising initiatives in addition to the promotion and enhancement of the Duomo at a national and international level.
Born in Codogno in 1967, Andrea Gibelli is the current Executive Chairman of FNM S.p.A., the company for which he held the role of Chairman and CEO from May 2015 to May 2018. In the same period, he was also Chairman of FERROVIENORD. Prior to that, he was General Secretary of the Lombardy Regional Council and General Director of the Presidency from March 2013 to May 2015. From 2010 to 2013, he held the position of Vice President and Councillor for Productive Activities for the Lombardy Region.
A Member of Parliament from 2001 to 2010 and from 1994 to 1996, he was a member of the Transport and Telecommunications Commission, and of the Commission for General Affairs and Productive Activities. He has also been a board member for Cogeme S.p.A. and FNMA S.p.A. Since September 2018, he has been national president of ASSTRA (Transport Association), an organisation that brings together 142 companies from the sector. Since May 2020, he has been president of Confservizi, the Confederation formed by ASSTRA and Unilitalia that brings together local public service companies.
The Advisory Board is currently comprised as follows:
- Daniela Bollino, Founder of Key2People
- Mario Boselli, Honorary President of the National Chamber of Fashion and President of the Italy China Foundation
- Enrico Cereda, President and CEO of IBM Italy
- Simone Crolla (Coordinator), Managing Director of the American Chamber of Commerce and member of the Board of Directors for the International Patrons of Duomo di Milano
- Jamie Gerard, member of the Board of Directors for the International Patrons of Duomo di Milano
- Andrea Gibelli, Executive Chairman of FNM S.p.A.
- Stefano Lucchini, Head of External, Institutional, and International Relations for Intesa SanPaolo
- Lucia Morselli, CEO of ArcelorMittal Italia S.p.A.
- Antonio Pedersoli, Pedersoli Law Firm
- Veronica Squinzi, CEO and Global Development Director for Mapei
- Fabio Vaccarono, CEO of Pegaso Multiversity
The Advisory Board is comprised of a variable number of members, indicatively with a minimum of three and a maximum of fifteen, chosen and nominated by the Veneranda Fabbrica's Board of Directors. It is possible to assign members different responsibilities within the group.
The Board is chaired by the President of the Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica, Fedele Confalonieri, and is coordinated by Simone Crolla.
Each member's service is given voluntarily and free of charge.