SACRED PASCHAL TRIDUUM
The Easter Triduum is the heart and summit of the entire liturgical year. The Church, through liturgical and sacramental signs, gathers in intimate communion with the Lord Jesus, who “by making himself man gathers us in unity, by humbling himself elevates us, by surrendering himself to death elevates us, by suffering redeems us” (preface to the Monday of Authentic Week).
During the celebration of the Sacred Triduum, the Mystery of Easter is made present and fulfilled.
“We would like it not just to be a replica of acquired habits: we ask for the grace not only to celebrate easter again, but rather to celebrate a new Easter.
Faith in the resurrection of Jesus, the principle of our hope of living forever with him, is in fact the decisive foundation for having a personal relationship with Jesus, alive, present, Master and Lord” (Monsignor Mario Delpini).
It is possible to follow all the celebrations presided over by the Archbishop in streaming on this Site (www.duomomilano.it), from the YouTube channel Duomo Milano Tv.
It is possible to follow all the main celebrations live on television on Telenova (digital terrestrial channel 18) and in streaming on the Diocese of Milan website (www.chiesadimilano.it).
THURSDAY 14 APRIL – Maundy Thursday
- 5.30pm Evening eucharist “The Mass of the Lord’s Supper” presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Archbishop
FRIDAY 15 APRIL – Good Friday
Day of fasting and abstinence from meat
- 8.15am Choral officiation in the Feriale Chapel
- 3pm Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross)
- 5.30pm Celebration of the Passion and Deposition of the Lord presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Archbishop
SATURDAY 16 APRIL – Holy Saturday
- 8.15am Choral officiation in the Feriale Chapel presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Archbishop
- 9pm Solemn Easter Vigil presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Archbishop
The Duomo will open at 8pm
SUNDAY 17 APRIL – Resurrection Sunday
Eucharist mass at 7am – 8am - 9.30am – 11am - 12.30pm - 5.30pm
- 10.25am Morning Lauds
- 11am Pontifical mass presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Archbishop
- 4pm Vespers and Eucharist Blessing presided over by His Excellency Monsignor Archbishop