TIMETABLE OF SERVICES
- 7.00 am Way of the Cross
- 8.00 am Morning Prayers (Lauds) and Little Hours
- 11.00 am Liturgy of the Word
- 12.45 pm Way of the Cross
- 1.10 pm Way of the Cross (at the church of Santa Maria Annunciata)
- 4.00 pm Exposition of the Relic of the Holy Cross
for personal adoration
- 5.30 pm Vespers and Lectio on the Letter to the Ephesians
Blessing with the Relic of the Holy Cross
In the Ambrosian Liturgy, Fridays in Lent are non-liturgical days on which Holy Mass is not celebrated. Along with the community celebration of the Liturgy of the Hours and the proclamation of the Word of God, adoration of the Relic of the Holy Cross and the pious practice of the Way of the Cross will also be proposed.
The first Friday in Lent (15 March) and Holy Friday (19 April) shall be dedicated to fasting, besides abstinence from meat: all adults aged 18-60 years shall be required to fast, while abstinence from meat shall only apply to those who are over 14 years of age.