Donating to the Duomo’s restoration is simple and no minimum amount is required (only online donations require a minimum of €5). Following the donation, it will be possible to insert your name in the Veneranda Fabbrica’s Donor Register, drawn up in both in paper and online formats, thus having the possibility of linking your name with the history of the Cathedral. Registration takes place with the prior written consent of the donor and/or the recipient of the donation. It will be the responsibility of the Donations Office to send the appropriate consent form, in accordance with privacy laws.
Additional benefits and opportunities are also reserved for donors based on the amount donated, one of these is the issuing of a Certificate for contributions equal to or greater than €50, which can also be personalised with the name of one or more people and a brief dedication. It is therefore possible to give a gift to loved ones through an original and generous gesture that translates into concrete help for the Duomo’s many restoration activities.
It should be noted that all donations contribute to Milan Duomo’s overall restoration projects and that associating one’s donation to a specific fundraising initiative is purely indicative: the Veneranda Fabbrica, through its Operations Management, will identify the sites on the Monument most in need of urgent restoration.
Finally, all donations are managed with maximum transparency and the Fabbrica undertakes to communicate – through the portal, newsletter, and periodical – systematic updates on work progress and news.
How to donate?
Choose the method that best suits you from those listed and become part of the centuries-long history of Milan Duomo.
Made out to: Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano
Banca Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.
Filiale 00030 – Filiale di Milano
IBAN IT73 F030 6909 6061 0000 0155 654 – CODICE BIC/SWIFT: BCITITMM
Description: Choose one of the fundraising items or make a freewill donation
No. 00332205 made out to: Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano
Description: Choose one of the fundraising items or make a freewill donation.
Via Carlo Maria Martini, 1 on the second floor. Open from Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.30pm to 6pm.
– CASH for amounts less than €3,000.
– CREDIT/DEBIT CARD
– BANK OR CASHIER’S CHEQUES non-transferable, made out to: Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano
For amounts over €10,000 paid in person, it is necessary to sign a notarial deed pursuant to art. 783 of the Civil Code.
Find out how to become a Golden Donor.
Donations from Italy
Donations made in favour of the Institution are tax deductible from the donor’s income to the extent and in the manner established by law:
• Natural persons: deductible from gross income for a total of 19% of the donation made, pursuant to Art. 15, Paragraph 1, Letter h) of the TUIR (Italian Income Tax Code), Presidential Decree 917/1986;
• Legal persons and companies: deductible from the total business income declared for an amount not exceeding 2%, pursuant to Art. 100, Paragraph 2, Letter a) of the TUIR , Presidential Decree 917/1986.
However, the articles contained in the TUIR do not apply to non-commercial entities.
To take advantage of the tax benefits cited above, it is necessary that freewill donations are made through traceable payment systems (no cash), for which it is necessary to retain the relevant documentation: the receipt of payment from a postal current account; copy of the bank transfer; credit card/PayPal statement; photocopy of the cheque.
Furthermore, Veneranda Fabbrica will issue a receipt with an associated protocol number, which must contain the following data: name, surname and tax code of the donor, date of execution, method and amount of the donation.
Donations from the United States
Since 2014, the International Patrons of Duomo di Milano Inc., a public charity under US law (registered under section 501 (c) (3) of the International Revenue Code), has been operating in the United States of America from their headquarters in New York. The International Patrons aim to:
- Spread knowledge of the historical and artistic heritage represented by the Duomo di Milano across the ocean;
- raise awareness among the international public, especially Americans, of the need for the safeguarding, conservation and enhancement of the Cathedral of Milan and of all its Historical Complex;
- Promote the collaboration between the Duomo di Milano and American institutions through the development of cultural activities in the United States such as events and exhibitions related to the history of the Cathedral;
- Participate in the financing of conservation and restoration projects.
Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano