The Historical Complex of Milan Duomo has finally given the go ahead for a new phase, reopening to tourists in complete compliance with the anti-contagion regulations for Covid-19 so as to guarantee a safe and comfortable experience while also taking into account the characteristics, routes and access points of the different areas.
Back by popular demand, as we enter the heart of the summer, the Duomo Tour will be starting again from 1 July, inviting locals and visitors of all ages the chance to discover the architectural, historic and artistic wonders of the international symbol of Milan. Meanwhile, private tours are already available for booking.
Let one of the Veneranda Fabbrica’s official guides take you on an adventure through the Rooftop walkways where you can contemplate Milan from above, explore the Cathedral’s artistic treasures before going down to the Archaeological Area, where the origins of the Duomo can be found.
Find out about all the proposals and promotions for a summer spent among the spires!
Book online now and queue-jump the Ticket Office
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Itinerary: Duomo, Archaeological Area and Rooftops with Fast-Track access
Duration of Tour: 90 minutes
Lingua: Italian, English, French, German and Spanish
Cost: Full €27.00 - Reduced €19.00
The most renowned tour of Milan Duomo! Start from the origins, in the Archaeological Area underneath Duomo where the remains of the Baptistery of San Giovanni alle Fonti, the first octagonal-shaped Baptistery in Christianity, are found. Next it’s up inside the Cathedral, with its 52 incredibly tall columns, capitals enriched by a pilgrimage of statues large and small, and the 55 stained-glass windows, making it the most eminent example of the Gothic style in Northern Italy. Finally, when you reach the Rooftops, 70m above the ground, the breathtaking view will take you by surprise… walking among the architecture and precious ornamentation you will feel as though are in a forest of stone, where the artistic decorations enrich the lace-like marble and the statues populate the white spires and vertiginous walls. All this is just a stone's throw from the sky, embraced by the light of the Madonnina, on the roof of the city.
- Fast-track guided tour in Italian, English, French, German and Spanish, with queue-jump option
- Guided tour of the Duomo, Archaeological Area and Rooftops with a licenced guide from the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo
- Access to the Rooftops on foot, by lift on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 3 July 2020
- Microphone system included
Private Tours allow those who prefer not to visit the Duomo as part of a group to be able to have a guided tour with their family and friends in serenity. Tours can be organised in Italian and English from 9.30am to 4.30pm every day, in the pre-chosen time slot.
Four itineraries are available:
- Private tour Cathedral and Archaeological Area (60 minutes)
- Fast-track private tour Rooftops (60 minutes)
- Fast-track private tour Cathedral, Archaeological Area and Rooftops (90 minutes)
- Fast-track private tour City Centre (120 minutes)
The guided tour, microphone system and entrance tickets are included in the price. The ticket is the Duomo Pass which gives access to all areas of the Historical Complex.
- Insert the promotional code “R3Opened2020” while completing the online transaction and you will immediately have an exclusive discount off the Duomo Tour and Private Tours, valid until 31 August 2020.