The Advisory Board of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano is renewed: the Cathedral’s network of “ambassadors” around the world.
The establishment of the board, whose work involves collaborating with the President of the Veneranda Fabbrica in defining the strategic guidelines relating to the annual programme of fundraising initiatives and the promotion and enhancement of the Institution’s projects at a national and international level, was approved by the Veneranda Fabbrica’s Board of Directors on 23 November 2018.
Thanks to the collaboration with the business world, the board is composed of exponents of recognised prestige and professionalism for the development and promotion of the Veneranda Fabbrica’s initiatives, inspired by those ethical and civic values that have always guided its actions.
At the end of the first three years of work, 2018-2020, and following the recent renewal of the Board of Directors led by President Fedele Confalonieri, the Advisory Board is strengthened today with the confirmation of outgoing members and two, new incoming members: Fabio Vaccarono, Vice President of Google, Board of Directors Google EMEA and CEO of Google Italy, and Enrico Cereda, President and CEO of IBM Italia.
The Advisory Board, approved by the Board of Directors, is currently composed as follows:
- Daniela Bollino, Founder of Key2People
- Mario Boselli, Honorary President of the National Chamber of Fashion and President of the Italy China Foundation
- Enrico Cereda, President and CEO of IBM Italia
- Simone Crolla (Coordinator), Managing Director of the American Chamber of Commerce and member of the International Patrons of Duomo di Milano Board of Directors
- Jamie Gerard, member of the International Patrons of Duomo di Milano Board of Directors
- Stefano Lucchini, Head of External, Institutional and International Relations of IntesaSanPaolo
- Lucia Morselli, Managing Director of ArcelorMittal Italia S.p.A.
- Antonio Pedersoli, Pedersoli Legal Practice
- Veronica Squinzi, Managing Director and Global Development Manager of Mapei
- Fabio Vaccarono, Vice President Google, Board of Directors Google EMEA, CEO of Google Italy
Fedele Confalonieri, President of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo commented as follows: “In order to face such a complex period for the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo, marked particularly by the effects of the pandemic on tourism in Milan and in the whole of the country, we need more than ever valid and expert professionals who support us in defining the Institution’s strategic guidelines, especially in the field of international fundraising. Networking for the Duomo means being the spokesperson for the needs of what is universally recognised as the symbol of the city throughout the world. I am certain that these “Duomo ambassadors”, whom I thank on behalf of the Board of Directors for their willingness, will be valuable support in realising the challenges that await us in 2021.”
The Advisory Board is made up of a variable number of members, from a minimum of three to a maximum of fifteen, chosen and nominated by the Veneranda Fabbrica’s Board of Directors. Within the Board, members may be given specific assignments.
The Board is presided over by President of the Veneranda Fabbrica’s Board of Directors Fedele Confalonieri and coordinated by Simone Crolla.
All members perform their work free of charge, except for the reimbursement of expenses approved by the Board.
Milan, 17 December 2020.