The Historical Complex of Milan Duomo will reopen to tourists from 11 February
Safe reopening from Monday to Friday, promotions, discounts, and visiting opportunities also for Milano Duomo Card holders
In accordance with the recent provisions from the Presidency of the Council of Ministers which allows for the reopening of museums, with the exception of weekends, in yellow zone Regions, after the suspension of tourist access starting from 5 November 2020, the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano is preparing the necessary measures to allow for the reopening of the Historical Complex of Milan Duomo for tourist visits in compliance with all current regulations, as well as taking into account the characteristics of the Cathedral and the multiple routes, access points, and relevant services in order to offer a safe and comfortable experience.
The planned reopening date for tourist visits is Thursday, 11 February 2021
In this initial phase, the Historical Complex will be open for visits from Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm
Online ticket purchase is recommended from www.duomomilano.it
To celebrate the reopening to tourists, the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo is offering promotions and opportunities to all visitors, including a special discount of 20% off all guided tours.
All holders of the new Milano Duomo Card can finally use their free entrance to the Duomo and the Rooftops, benefitting from the subscription that allows unlimited access to the Duomo Museum, or take advantage of an exceptional opportunity to convert their ticket into a guided tour with an exclusive guide, taking advantage of a 25% discount, by booking through the website and inserting the card identification number.
The Duomo continues to be freely accessible for prayer, services and for the Sacrament of Penance, in compliance with the protocol signed by the Italian Episcopal Conference and the Italian Government and following indications from the Archdiocese of Milan.
|BUY YOUR TICKET|
- Duomo, Archaeological Area: from Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm. Last ticket at 4.50pm. Last entrance at 5pm.
- Rooftops: accessible by south lift (on the Palazzo Reale side), from Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm. Last ticket at 4.50pm. Last entrance at 5pm.
- Duomo Museum: from Tuesday to Friday from 10am to 6pm. Closed from 1pm to 2pm. Last ticket at 4.50pm. Last entrance at 5pm.
- Ticket Office 1 – Sala delle Colonne (Piazza del Duomo 14/a): open from 10am to 4.50pm. From Tuesday to Friday, Duomo Museum Ticket Office (Piazza del Duomo, 12), open from 10am to 4.50pm.
- Duomo Shop (Piazza Duomo 14 / a): open from Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm. For online purchases CLICK HERE
- Online ticket purchase is strongly advised to avoid the formation of crowds and for electronic payment so as to limit the use of cash.
- Visiting hours and routes of the Historical Complex may be modified and/or adapted to allow for the correct management of visitor flows and/or for periodic and continuous sanitisation and cleaning.
- Access to the Rooftops by stairs is temporarily suspended, accessible by south lift.
- The Crypt of Saint Charles remains closed to the public due to the limited capacity of the space.
|PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS|
- 20% discount off guided tours from the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo
A promotion inviting you to discover the secrets of the Cathedral through the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo’s official guided tours, in complete safety with a discount of 20%. The offer is valid until 31 March using the discount code R3opened_21. Starting from €38, the service is available from Monday to Friday from 10am to 4.30pm.
|DISCIUNT CODE: R3opened_21|
- Visiting opportunities for Milano Duomo Card holders
All holders of the new Milano Duomo Card can finally use their free entrance to the Duomo and the Rooftops, benefitting from the subscription that allows unlimited access to the Duomo Museum, or take advantage of an exceptional opportunity to convert their ticket into a guided tour with an exclusive guide, taking advantage of a 25% discount until 31 March.
|DISCOVER THE BENEFITS|
- Free tours and content with the Milan Duomo app
The Veneranda Fabbrica is offering all those who purchase a ticket to visit the Duomo a completely free opportunity: the possibility to combine their visit with the official “DUOMO DI MILANO” app, created in collaboration with D’Uva and free for download from Google Play and App Store. The app, the cost of which for full content was €4.99, is now free for those who buy any type of ticket to the Historical Complex and grants access to all visiting routes and information. With 1 hour and 40 minutes of multimedia tours (Façade, Cathedral, Rooftops, and Museum) and 85 listening points, accompany your visit with an intuitive, complete, and engaging tool.
Amongst the various opportunities, the guided tours also allow for the activation of the “nearby” function, which lists all the listening points found in the vicinity of the device. The list updates automatically as the visitor moves around during the visit thanks to the beacon-sensor technology installed throughout the visiting routes, which is able to communicate with the app and reveal the position of the device.
Content is available in 10 languages: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, and Korean.
For all information regarding the regulations on the prevention of Covid-19 in force within the Historical Complex, please consult the section dedicated to COVID Guidelines.
For further information:
Duomo InfoPoint – Ticket Office
Piazza Duomo 14/A, 20122 Milano