TIMETABLE OF SERVICES
- 7am Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross)
- 8am Morning Lauds and Terce
- 11am Liturgy of the Word
- 12.45pm Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross)
- 4.30pm Exposition of the Relic of the Holy Cross for personal adoration
- 5.30pm Vespers, Lenten Catechesis and Blessing with the Relic of the Holy Cross
In the unique liturgical tradition of the Milanese Church, Fridays during Lent – by analogy to Good Friday – are aliturgical days, in which the Eucharist is not celebrated and Holy Communion is not given. This particularity, in which the Ambrosian Liturgy is more similar to that of Eastern ones, is a sign of a more intimate participation in the Paschal Mystery and of a more intense wait for the Sunday Eucharist.
Alongside the community celebration of the Liturgy of the Hours and the prolonged listening to the Words of God, the adoration of the Relic of the Holy Cross is also proposed and the devout act of the Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross).