Donations from Italy
Donations made in favour of the Institution are tax deductible from the donor’s income to the extent and in the manner established by law:
• Natural persons: deductible from gross income for a total of 19% of the donation made, pursuant to Art. 15, Paragraph 1, Letter h) of the TUIR (Italian Income Tax Code), Presidential Decree 917/1986;
• Legal persons and companies: deductible from the total business income declared for an amount not exceeding 2%, pursuant to Art. 100, Paragraph 2, Letter a) of the TUIR , Presidential Decree 917/1986.
However, the articles contained in the TUIR do not apply to non-commercial entities.
To take advantage of the tax benefits cited above, it is necessary that freewill donations are made through traceable payment systems (no cash), for which it is necessary to retain the relevant documentation: the receipt of payment from a postal current account; copy of the bank transfer; credit card/PayPal statement; photocopy of the cheque.
Furthermore, Veneranda Fabbrica will issue a receipt with an associated protocol number, which must contain the following data: name, surname and tax code of the donor, date of execution, method and amount of the donation.
Donations from the United States
Since 2014, the International Patrons of Duomo di Milano Inc., a public charity under US law (registered under section 501 (c) (3) of the International Revenue Code), has been operating in the United States of America from their headquarters in New York. The International Patrons aim to:
- spread knowledge of the historical and artistic heritage represented by the Duomo di Milano across the ocean;
- raise awareness among the international public, especially Americans, of the need for the safeguarding, conservation and enhancement of the Cathedral of Milan and of all its Historical Complex;
- promote the collaboration between the Duomo di Milano and American institutions through the development of cultural activities in the United States such as events and exhibitions related to the history of the Cathedral;
- participate in the financing of conservation and restoration projects.
For more information:
Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano
Via Carlo Maria Martini, 1 – 20122 Milano
Monday - Friday: 9.30am-12.30pm and 2.30-6pm
Freephone number: 800.528.477