Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano
The Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano is an ecclesiastical body endowed with legal personality by ancient statutory determination with the purpose of worship and religion, which excludes all profit-making activities. Its earliest regulations were issued on 16 October 1387 at the behest of Gian Galeazzo Visconti who, with a deed issued on 24 October 1387, made the marble quarries of Candoglia available to the organisation.
The daily activity of the Veneranda Fabbrica is articulated into several operational sectors. Among these, in addition to welcoming more than 2 million tourists who visit the Monumental compound every year as well as the faithful, there are also the construction and restoration sites (Cantieri), the Cathedral Museum, the Archive/Library and the Music Chapel.
The Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica is composed of seven members who remain in office for three years, one of whom is elected President. Two are appointed by the diocesan Ordinary and five by the Ministry of the Interior with the Archbishop’s consent.
By decree D.C.A.C. no. 48/2017 the Minister of the Interior, Hon. Dr. Marco Minniti, who was in office at the time, renewed the appointments on the Board of Directors for three years.
The Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano is currently composed as follows: Prof. Simona Beretta, Msgr. Prof. Dr. Gianantonio Borgonovo, Dr. Fedele Confalonieri, Prof. Ferruccio Resta, Dr. Luigi Roth, Avv. Claudio Sala and Dr. Giorgio Squinzi.
During the Board meeting of 18 July 2017 Dr. Fedele Confalonieri was elected President.