Annalisa Sara Doris, Guglielmo Maisto and Giuseppe Amitrano join the board
The Advisory Board of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano is renewed: a network of “ambassadors” of the Cathedral in the world.
The establishment of a board, with the task of collaborating with the Presidency of the Veneranda Fabbrica in defining the strategic guidelines regarding the annual program of fundraising initiatives and the promotion and enhancement of the Institution’s projects on a national and international level, had been resolved by the Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica on November 23, 2018.
Thanks to the collaboration with the business world, the board – whose project was born on the impetus and under the coordination of Simone Crolla – is made up of exponents of recognised prestige and distinguished professionalism for the development and promotion of the Veneranda Fabbrica’s initiatives, inspired by those ethical and civic values that have always guided its action.
After the recent renewal of the Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica chaired by President Fedele Confalonieri for the next three-year period, the Advisory Board is strengthened today with the entry of three new members: Annalisa Sara Doris, President of Fondazione Ennio Doris and Vice President of Banca Mediolanum, Guglielmo Maisto, Professor of International Comparative Tax Law at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Piacenza and Founder of Maisto e Associati and Giuseppe Amitrano, Founder and CEO of Dils.
The composition of the Advisory Board, approved by the Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica, for the three-year period 2024-2026 is therefore as follows:
- GIUSEPPE AMITRANO, Founder and CEO of Dils
- MARIO BOSELLI, Honorary President Camera Nazionale della Moda and President of the Italy China Council Foundation
- MARILÙ CAPPARELLI, Director Legal EU Google
- ENRICO CEREDA, Founder e12 Invest
- SIMONE CROLLA (Coordinator), Managing Director American Chamber of Commerce and member of the Board of Directors International Patrons of Duomo di Milano
- ANNALISA SARA DORIS, President of Fondazione Ennio Doris and Vice President of Banca Mediolanum
- JAMES W. GERARD, Managing Director Hycroft Advisors and member of the Board of Directors International Patrons of Duomo di Milano
- ANDREA GIBELLI, Executive Chairman of FNM S.p.A
- STEFANO LUCCHINI, Chief Institutional Affairs and External Communication Officer – Intesa Sanpaolo
- GUGLIELMO MAISTO, Professor of International Comparative Tax Law at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Piacenza and Founder of Maisto e Associati
- ANTONIO PEDERSOLI, PedersoliGattai Studio Legale
- VERONICA SQUINZI, CEO of Mapei
The President of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo Fedele Confalonieri commented: “The Duomo has reached a record of over three million visitors since the beginning of the year. A historic milestone, to which must be added all those who access it for celebrations and prayer: the Duomo, in fact, is first and foremost the cathedral of Milan. A happy moment after the hard period of the pandemic; however, the very lessons of those difficult months must spur us on to increase our actions, in order to make the most of this phase since, unfortunately, there are many unknown factors that continue to appear on the horizon, including inflation with the loss of purchasing power and, above all, the dramatic international scenario that we are dealing with right now and that risks having repercussions on the tourist system as well.
More than ever, we need good and experienced professionals to support us in defining the Board’s strategic directions, especially in the field of international fundraising. I am certain that the members of the new Advisory Board – our “ambassadors” of the Duomo’s beauty in the world – will help us network to support the tireless activities of the Veneranda Fabbrica, creating opportunities and projects. In particular, it is with great pleasure that I welcome Sara Doris, patron of our Cathedral in the footsteps of her great father Ennio, Giuseppe Amitrano and Guglielmo Maisto”.
The Advisory Board is composed of a variable number of members, indicatively from a minimum of three to a maximum of fifteen, chosen and appointed by the Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica. Within the Board, it is possible to identify members with specific assignments.
The Board is chaired by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Veneranda Fabbrica, Fedele Confalonieri, and coordinated by Simone Crolla.
The service of each member is voluntary and free of charge.